Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Fine Italian Lunch Worth Sharing With Companions

When a companion of mine invited me for a lunch at her house in Milan, I was stunned by the wonderful dishes she was able to cook all by herself. She communicated to me that her secret is that she loves cooking Italian dishes, predominantly pasta and desserts. I could already tell that I was in for a pleasurable time because the table was filled with aromatic pastas rich in red flavorful sauces.

After that enjoyable lunch, my favorite classic Italian dish is now the Baked Ziti or "Ziti al Forno," a rich pasta dish filled with savory sauce and herbs that will undeniably leave you wanting for more. The fillings are made of flavorful sausages prepared with spicy herbs and chunks of flavorful mozzarella cheese. As for the dessert, I can undeniably say that my friend had outdone herself for creating a sumptuous dish of "Crostoli," a well-known Italian dessert that is fried to perfection. To end the flavorful lunch, my companion brought out glasses of Brachetto Dolce, a rich Italian wine that balances the sweet taste of the "Crostoli." I couldn't get enough of those "Crostoli" so my companion gave me a brown bag full of those flavorful crisps to take home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home