Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vanished Remembrance of Genoa

When I first had a glance of Italy, I never expected it to be that bewildering and salient. I was very young then that's why I was not that dotty about the different sites that our family visited during that time. All I cared about was to have a chance to go to other sites outside of our boring and frustrating community.

If I remember exactly, the first site in Italy where our family went was in Genoa. My mom had a college pal who settle there together with her Italian husband and children. We stayed there for a week, giving ample time for us to visit the major sightseer attractions in the area. We first went to the well-known St. Lawrence Cathedral to attend mass with my mom's friend. She acted as our major sightseer guide because my mom was not familiar with the place. We also visited a certain location called as Piazza de Ferrari, where Columbus was rumored to be born.

I could hardly remember these experiences, but I would never ignore the day when we went to the old lighthouse inside Genoa's port. That lighthouse was surely wonderful and because I really treasure my experience there, I took some pictures to remind me of that wonderful trip in Italy. Until now, that's the only remembrance of that holiday that is clear in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home